Friday, February 12, 2010

Peaceful Fridays.....

Hope blooms in all things.
I have a passion for lavender. I have a failure at growing it.
I broke down and bought a plant last spring.
I failed at making it grow.
I forgot about it and left it outside in the cold.
I found it "dead" and felt remorseful.
I gave it the only sunny spot in my house.
I talked to it and gave it love.
Unlike most humans, it forgave me and is giving back.
I dream of its soft scent to fill my olfactory senses.
Hope blooms in all things.

Have a peaceful, scented weekend, y'all......


1 comment:

  1. When I was a freshman in college I was assigned a local host family. They gave me a few African violets. I transferred to a college in Texas a couple of years later and took them with me. It was January. When I moved into the dorm I forgot them in the car. It was about 30 degrees that night, and I lost them. I sure hated that.
    ~Randy

    ReplyDelete