Sunday, December 20, 2009

And it's not winter yet......

Oh my, what a grand snow we've had. I don't know the official count, but, I'd say close to 18". Now, I'm not a winter person. I like one good snowfall a year and then let's get back to spring. We had my one mandatory snowfall about two weeks ago. Six inches, pretty, not much to clear and able to still get out and about. Yeah, that's my kind of snow. But, I will admit, there is an inner stirring when you go out first thing in the morning and everything is hushed. You truly feel touched by nature at those moments. Just you and the universe. You have to admit that's kinda cool. And I'm very thankful for those moments.
As the Winter Solstice approaches I get excited knowing the days will now start to become longer and it won't be long before I grumble about cutting grass. I know that in just another month or so I can start seedlings for the garden. I know it will soon be the season of mud. I know it won't be long until we will finish our evenings by sitting on the porch with a glass of wine or some of the hubsters homemade beer and play some tunes. Our ode to twilight.
Yeah, it won't be long. But, until then, I'll make the best of the winter season by being able to just dream - with my husband by my side and three spinning dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment