Sunday, January 24, 2010

Lettuce table - getting ready....

The junk and old office equipment have been removed from this, my old mail station that I used for my work. When I no longer needed postage machines, rubber stamps, and a postage scale, this turned into the "catch-all" table for hats, gloves, old office equipment, etc. You get the picture.

The hubsters hung the flourescent fixture for me yesterday and after he did so, I realized an oops - I think I need another light! So off to the home improvement store we will go and he will kindly hang that fixture for me too.
As you can see, it will not be elaborate. I don't care as long as it provides enough light to grow fresh lettuce.

And just to drive myself crazy, I can stare at it all day while I work.
That's okay, they make places with padded walls for folks like me!
Updates to follow as it progresses. Now off to learn a new song.



5 comments:

  1. Your lettuce farm looks to be a winner. I'm very interested in seeing how the whole thing turns out. I really have to get a garden of some kind in this year. I have good intentions, but no garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good, your getting a jump start. I hope to start some tomato plants and flower plants from seed next month. Do you plant different types or just a favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a fellow home-worker I can see the benefit of being able to keep an eye on your lettuces whilst working away at the computer! Great idea. I love the colour of your walls - Farrow & Ball paint by any chance?

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Callie - it WILL be interesting to see how this turns out. Just an experiment because I miss my own lettuce.

    Becky's - just lettuce in these pots. I don't have the room to really do seed starting in the capacity that I plant. But, I do have a greenhouse waiting to be put together so that'll solve that problem!

    Cottage - I don't remember who's paint it was anymore! I do remember the name of the color was "moss in the forest".

    If all of you see numerous post on lettuce, you'll know I've become OCD...

    As always, thanks for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can't think of anything better than being right next to anything i am growing all day long. it's like having a new baby!

    ReplyDelete