Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Samhain....


Double, bubble, toil and trouble
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble..
Happy Halloween everybody! I don't think there will be much in the way of trouble around here this All Hallow's Eve since both my husband and myself have the flu. I'm on the mend, he's just starting.
It's a shame we both feel so unwell. Today the air has a most unreal aspect to it. It's warm this morning - almost balmy. The wind is up causing the leaves to spin and whirl with a magic all its own. Cool! The other magical happening for today is that it is our anniversary. Yep, that's right - we married on Samhain! I mean, c'mon, could you pick a better day? Can't forget those who passed before us, right?
Typically we celebrate all day and night. Readying things during the day and celebrating with ritual, food, and libation at night. Sad to say, I think bed rest will be the most we can muster this year. But, our intent will be there - it always is.
So, to this I say, Happy Anniversary to the man with the big heart and open mind. You've have been my inspiration and my biggest fan of all these crazy endeavors I have embarked on since you came into my life. Words fall short in trying to express everything I feel for you.
Tá sí a ghrá mo chroí - you truly are my anamchara...

No comments:

Post a Comment