Monday, October 26, 2009

It's all about the little things.....

Sometimes the small things in life can give you the greatest sense of satisfaction. This morning as I carried a 25lb sack of chicken feed across the frost covered yard listening to the crunch of the grass underneath my wellies, I headed toward the coop to let the girls out to start their day. I couldn't help but smile and think to myself how alive I felt at that very moment. It may be the only time today I feel this way - who knows. It was a sense of shameless satisfaction of caring for something else, for being able to greet the sun and breathe the fall morning air. It was crisp - and alive and that's exactly how I felt. It was knowing that when I reached the coop I would hear the girls greet me with their low, morning cackles and bustling about the coop readying themselves to also greet the morning sun and breathe the cool, fall air. It's a great way to greet the day, only second to Fionnghuala sticking her nose under the fitted sheet so she can snap the elastic on it to wake us up. We don't need no stinkin' alarm clocks 'round here!
Enjoy your evening - the sheet will be snapping before you know it.........

No comments:

Post a Comment