Friday, October 16, 2009

In the beginning.......

Welcome to the Gardens, chickens, and folk music blog. A place where I put my passions on my sleeve, dirt on my wellies, and rosin on my bow. I live on 3 1/2 acres with my husband at my side, three crazy, spinning, shelties, and six chickens.

I hope to share some of the things I love to do and maybe inspire someone else to pick up a hoe or even pick up a bow!

I came to this place, my little homestead not quite four years ago and right smack dab in the midst of middle age. (See, it's never too late!) I got sidetracked in life chasing this little dream I've always had - self sustainability, simplicity, and a little plot of my own to do it with. It took almost a half of a century to get here, but, I'm here. That's all that counts. So, life and dreams have begun and I have opened my arms as wide as I can to embrace all of this. Now mind this isn't happening all at once, but, with some big steps and some little 'uns. Some are backwards, too. And, hey, that's all part of it!

So, come on into the kitchen. I've got a pot of West Clare stew simmering and the fiddle is tuned. We're about to have a kitchen session and the craic is sure to be grand!

No comments:

Post a Comment