Sunday, May 29, 2011

Chanticleer aka Queen Maeve gets a new home.....

 Since Queen Maeve turned out to be not a queen at all and was already being overly feisty with the other ladies, we knew he had to be re-homed or the rooster would have become a roaster.
Here he is ready to be transported to 63 acres of free range heaven.

 I think old Chanticleer was a little overwhelmed and didn't quite know what to do with his first steps on the farm, so, he took a small rest to think about his next move.

 It was during these few quiet moments of reflection when "he" came running in to see who the new bloke was. 

 Next thing you know, there were several blokes there to check out Chanticleer.  Let's just say it wasn't the warmest reception given, but, Chanticleer put on a brave face.

 Chanticleer spotted me and quickly flew to the fence and then proceeded to scream at me, in a way only a rooster could - "what the hell were you thinking bringing me here!"
(click on the pic to see his face and body language)

 After time had passed and evening was approaching the rolling hills of the farm, Chanticleer felt he was in the clear and that things would be okay.  Maybe those other blokes just didn't know how to greet such a handsome rooster as himself.  So with confidence regained, Chanticleer began to make a move to start exploring the farm.

 But, alas, it was not to be.  This chap wanted him all to himself and would not let him go exploring.

I guess we all have to make sacrifices, and, this was Chanticleers.  For acres of freedom, he would have to be the low man on the totem pole for a while.
Who knows how things will change as time passes on the farm.

FYI- as of Friday, Chanticleer was roaming the farm, but, staying close to the farm house and away from the barn and the other lads.

Smart move, old boy, until you grow enough to stake your place in the world..  :0)

6 comments:

  1. Haha. That was definitely a 'what have you got me into' look! :P
    Just out of curiosity, how many hens does that farm have to have so many roosters?
    Hope you're doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Toni!! I hope Chanticleer continues to find his way around his new digs, keeps a low profile until he can find some courage to stand up for himself! :-))

    Sorry that I've missed your last couple of posts and have enjoyed catching up--I hope you're doing well and are enjoying your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds just like my first day at all those new schools I had to go to (I moved 13 times before I turned 13). Take heart, Chanticleer - it will get better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you found a nice big farm for him! That's amazing. Most people wouldn't have bothered. I'm proud of you! :) Good luck to Chanticleer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! Did he actually have his hands on his hips?! It sure looked like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roosters are so funny. They really do have opinions about chicken things. I'm sure he'll adjust and I think you made a good choice for him. :)

    ReplyDelete