Friday, April 22, 2011

Peaceful Fridays.....

Song of the All Mother

I am the Mother Earth and you are a child to me.
Discover who you are and seek divinity
Rocks and stones, clay and peat - all strats are a part of me.
Jewels and crystals, gems and gold are hidden in the heart of me.
Herbs and flowers, trees and shrubs, these are growing green on me.
Mosses, fungi, lichens, vines, all of these are seen on me.
Horses, cattle, pigs and deer, bears and lions roam on me.
Snakes and spiders, rats and slugs, all creatures have their home on me.
Bubbling brooks and silent springs, living rivers flow on me.
Pools and puddles, lakes and seas, salty oceans grow on me.
Tiny tiddlers, mighty whales, sacred salmon leap for me.
Sharks and squid and crabs and krill fill the waters deep for me.
Wrens and larks and crows and terns fill my skies with darting flight.
Hawks and eagles, bats and owls catch their prey by day and night.
Creeping worms and flying fox, teeming ants fulfill theirs lives,
In tune with me, in Nature's Way, as honey bees enrich my hives.
Only humans rob their kin, despoil the land, pollute the seas,
Kill for fun, destroy the woods, float poisoned vapors on the breeze.
I shall live for I can heal, even if you humans die,
But you can learn, as children should, to grow in peace
Beneath the sky....

Marion Green

Happy Earth Day.
Have a peaceful, hug the earth, weekend y'all.........


*photo from Google*

6 comments:

  1. those words are me to a tee! now if everyone could just read and understand them and follow in that direction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful words, thanks for sharing!

    Happy Earth Day, Toni, and have a lovely and peaceful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. Happy Earth Day and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your Earth Day has been filled with anticipation of all of Nature's gifts.
    Have a wonderful Easter weekend too!
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I spent my Earth Day outside getting some very rare sun. Hope yours was good.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful words Toni! I hope you have had a great day and have a wonderful Easter weekend!!

    ReplyDelete